Where to find your Christmas tree
We've rounded up local spots where you can find a Christmas tree in Austin, and there are even options to chop down your own.
Austin Optimist Club
Details: This tree lot has been a part of Austin for almost 70 years.
- Choose from 4,000 trees at 2813 San Gabriel St.
Of note: Fires and drought in the Pacific Northwest coupled with increased shipping costs have "substantially" increased the price of Christmas trees, according to the club.
Elgin Christmas Tree Farm
Details: Chop down your own tree at this farm, which has been in Elgin for 35 years.
- A limited selection of trees are available to cut each year, and saws and twine are provided.
- Check the farm's Facebook page for updates on availability.
Brungot Farms Christmas Trees
Details: Find Christmas trees and wreaths at this Cedar Park lot.
- The lot is set up at the Twin Lakes YMCA in Cedar Park.
Details: Get your tree delivered or head to one of their lot locations across Austin.
- Papa Noël's trees are hand-picked in North Carolina, and include True Fir trees, mountain grown and Noble Fir trees from Oregon.
And there's always Lowe's and Home Depot.
More Austin stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Austin.