Sure, it's still 90 degrees, but it's also October. Here are some ideas to celebrate the season around Central Texas:
🎃 Pick a pumpkin, hop on a hayride or run through a corn maze at a local farm.
- Barton Hill Farms in Bastrop (Sept. 25-Nov. 7)
- Sweet Berry Farm in Marble Falls (starts on Sept. 18)
- Sweet Eats Fruit Farm in Georgetown (Sept. 18-Nov. 20)
🍂 Celebrate Oktoberfest at local breweries and restaurants.
- Krause's Cafe and Biergarten in New Braunfels hosts keg tappings and yodel contests every Wednesday night.
- Austin's Meanwhile Brewing Co. will release new beer and hold an Oktoberfest celebration between Oct. 22-24.
- Bluebonnet Beer Company in Round Rock hosts its annual Oktoberfest on Oct. 10, featuring German-style beers and local food vendors.
- Draught House dishes beer brats, polka and custom steins filled with their Blau Marzen Bier on Oct. 12.
🍻 Snag a pitcher and a sausage at New Braunfel's annual Wurstfest from Nov. 5-14.
💀 Celebrate Día De Los Muertos around town, even with the cancellation of the annual Vivia la Vida parade.
- View the Mexic-Arte Museum's Día De Los Muertos exhibit through Nov. 22.
- Watch Austin Scottish Rite Theater's virtual event, Rosita y Conchita, a bilingual play about two sisters who try to reunite on the Day of the Dead.
- Cry happy tears at The Globe Drive-In theater's screening of Coco on Nov. 1.
📚 Discover new authors at the annual Texas Book Festival from Oct. 25-31. The festival will be scaled back because of COVID precautions, but there will be opportunities for in-person and virtual programs.
More Austin stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Austin.