What Trump has pronounced "dead" or "dying" on Twitter
Photo: Scott Olson / Getty Images
Trump pronounced the White House Correspondents' Dinner "dead" this morning, the latest of a long string of dying and dead things, according to the president.
Big picture: Trump has always been quick to turn to Twitter to weigh in on the news of the day. One of the ways he likes to taunt media is to declare the news or a chosen media outlet "dead" or "dying."
- The White House Correspondents Dinner is "dead as we know it," but thankfully "FAKE NEWS is alive and well and beautifully represented."
- Obamacare has been dead for quite some time, at least 2013, according to Trump's tweets.
- DACA: First it was "probably dead," but then it was just "dead."
- Magazines and newspapers are "dying." At least we know someone's reading them.
- Attorney-client privilege is also dead.
- CNN has been pronounced a "dead network."
- The New York Times is "failing," but "fortunately, it is a dying newspaper."
- Ohio steel and coal are also dying.
- As is Alec Baldwin's "mediocre career."
- Registered voters — "many" have been dead "for a long time."
- Vanity Fair is, according to Trump, "way down, big trouble, dead!"
- The Wall Street Journal: Trump once got a little testy with Fox News, but counted his blessings that they weren't anything close to the "dying" WSJ.
- The National Review was also dying in January 2016, because they had "totally given up the fight against Barrack Obama."
- Fidel Castro. This one is accurate.
- The Union Leader was merely "dying" in 2015, but Trump predicted it would be dead by now. There are still articles on the New Hampshire newspaper's website.
- The deal between "Lyin' Ted Cruz and 1 for 42 John Kasich" to block Trump from receiving the nomination was "dead on arrival."
- Of course, "Lyin' Ted and Kasich" were already "mathematically dead" in August 2016.
- The View is a "dead show," according to Trump who also retweeted a tweet claiming "they're all brain-dead puppets with skeletons in their closet."
- NY Daily News was supposedly dead in February, 2016.