The James Comey plot thickens: NYT reports that he asked for more money and personnel for the Russia investigation in a meeting just days before he was fired.
- Awkward: Comey asked Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein, the same official who wrote the letter the WH used to fire him. Comey then told members of Congress about the meeting.
- Rosenstein is the top official at the DOJ on the Russia investigation: Remember, Jeff Sessions recused himself.
- NYT's sourcing: "Three congressional officials who were briefed on [Comey's] request."
- Other media outlets on it: the WSJ, CNN, NBC News, the AP and WashPost.
- The other side: A Justice Department spokeswoman reportedly denied the claim that Comey asked for more money, per Politico's Josh Gerstein. They have, however, admitted he asked for resources.