Apple on Friday sent invitations to a Sept. 12 event in the Steve Jobs Theater at its new "spaceship" campus in Cupertino.
"Let's meet at our place," reads the invitation to reporters. The most anticipate of the new products will be an all-new iPhone featuring an edge-to-edge screen, no physical home button and state-of-the-art facial recognition technology (which we wrote about this morning.)
Here's what to expect:
- Three new iPhones. Two will be modest updates to the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, plus the high-end model detailed above
- Updates to the Apple Watch line, including models with built-in cellular connections
- An Apple TV set-top box capable of displaying 4K content
- A final version of iOS 11, an update to the iPhone/iPad operating system that supports augmented reality, among other new features
- The "High Sierra" update to MacOS