Pablo Martinez Monsivais, Dan Hallman / AP
The Daily Show's Hasan Minhaj will be the White House Correspondents' Dinner comedian this year, the association's president announced today.
Here are some of Minhaj's Trump jokes:
- "Usually, being a Muslim in an airport sucks, but this weekend, it was like I was The Weekend. I mean I land at JFK, I get to the arrival section. Literally, three white people run up to me, hug me and say 'thank you for being Muslim.' I'm 31 years old. That's the first time anyone has thanked me for being Muslim." — The Daily Show, January 30
- "Here's the beautiful irony. For years, Donald Trump has been terrified of the spread of Islam in America." (Cut to photos of protest signs including one that read "We are all Muslim now.") "Well, congratulations, Mr. President. Mission accomplished." — The Daily Show, January 30
- I'm panicking because melanin doesn't rub off … For the past 15 years, I've been blamed for 9/11. White Americans are now responsible for 11/9." "Donald Trump is white ISIS. 'Whisis'." - The Daily Show, December 8, 2015
- "Look, I know there's just a lot of nuance to the situation, and every conservative isn't the same, I know, but it's just easier on my brain to be irrationally afraid of an entire group of people. So, until we can figure out what's going on here, I, Hasan J. Minhaj, say we should not allow any conservatives into the White House." - The Daily Show, December 8, 2015
- "I didn't know you start foaming at the mouth when you say "I hate the Chinese" 50 times in a row. Thank you Donald Trump." — in a tweet, June 16, 2015