Apr 26, 2021 - Politics & Policy
DCCC trolling Republican retreat with mobile billboard
The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) plans to troll the Republican legislative retreat in Orlando, Florida, on Monday with a mobile billboard targeting Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) and Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.).
Why it matters: Democrats are going into the belly of the beast, and continuing to highlight some of the more controversial members of the Republican Party amid their quest for a boost in the 2022 midterms.
- For its part, the National Republican Congressional Committee released its own series of digital ads targeting five Democrats it accuses of favoring cuts in police spending.
The traveling billboard will circle the city for eight hours and highlight some recent GOP House controversies through a 20-second video on a repeated loop.
- One segment highlight a Gaetz tweet supporting the America First Caucus, a congressional group meant to promote "uniquely Anglo-Saxon political traditions."
- Another segment highlights Greene's committee stripping by Democrats, after she promoted a series of conspiracy theories.
- Republican House members are meeting in Florida for three days.
The NRCC ads target Reps. Ron Kind (D-Wis.), Jared Golden (D-Maine), Chris Pappas (D-N.H.), Cindy Axne (D-Iowa) and Matt Cartwright (D-Pa.).
- Spokesman Michael McAdams said in a statement: “We are going to ensure every voter knows Democrats want to Defund the Police."