The Mueller investigation's Russia report, by the numbers
Attorney General Bill Barr's letter to Congress today detailed the vast effort by special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian interference in 2016.
By the numbers:
- 19 lawyers
- ~40 FBI agents, intelligence analysts, forensic accountants
- 2,800+ subpoenas
- Nearly 500 search warrants
- 230+ orders for communications records
- Nearly 50 orders authorizing use of pen registers
- 13 requests to foreign governments for evidence
- Interviewed ~500 witnesses
The bottom line: Barr says the investigation didn't establish collusion or conspiracy by the Trump campaign with Russia, and the report didn't weigh in on whether Trump obstructed justice.
Go deeper: Read the full letter highlighting the probe