First look: New Apple ad uses humor to push privacy
Apple is pushing its privacy message with a humorous ad that will debut in prime time Thursday and runs through the three weeks of March Madness.
- The tagline: "If privacy matters in your life ... It should matter to the phone your life is on."
The ad aims to use relatable moments from daily life to show how naturally inclined we are toward privacy:
- In one scene, a guy chooses a urinal but then quickly slides down the row when he notices someone else nearby.
- When a woman catches someone staring at her as she puts on makeup in traffic, she coolly rolls up the window.
- In a diner, two customers stop talking when the server approaches.
Be smart: Apple sees privacy as a way to differentiate itself from other tech companies, since its business model depends on selling products rather than data.
- Go deeper: "Apple products are designed to protect your privacy."