How the Comey interview played in the partisan media
James Comey dominated Monday morning headlines from all news outlets with his bombastic interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos on Sunday.
Why it matters: We can see another example of how differently right-wing, left-wing and mainstream media can cover the same event.
Mainstream news outlets:
- ABC News: Comey thinks Donald Trump is unfit to be president
- CNN: Comey's intensely personal Trump attack
- NBC: Trump 'morally unfit to be president,' Comey says in TV interview
- MSNBC: Comey says Trump 'morally unfit' in new interview
- The New York Times: Comey, in Interview, Calls Trump ‘Morally Unfit’ and ‘Stain’ on All Around Him
- The Washington Post: Fired FBI director Comey says Trump is ‘morally unfit’ and may be vulnerable to Russian blackmail
Right-leaning news outlets:
- Fox News: Comey rips Obama for comments on Clinton case: He 'jeopardized' DOJ
- Daily Caller: Comey Thinks Rosenstein 'Acted Dishonorably'
- Breitbart: Comey on Trump’s Win: ‘Was Thinking, Oh My God — Did We Have Some Role in This?’
- Washington Examiner: James Comey’s wife, daughters wanted Hillary Clinton to win election
- National Review: Loretta Lynch Claps Back at James Comey
- Free Beacon: Comey: ‘It Sucked’ to Be Me in Final Days of 2016 Campaign, ‘Everybody Hated Me’
Left-leaning news outlets
- HuffPost: COMEY’S REVENGE
- BuzzFeed News: James Comey Says There's "Some Evidence" Donald Trump Obstructed Justice
- Daily Beast: Comey: Trump Acts Like a Mob Boss & Is ‘Morally Unfit to Be President’—But Shouldn’t Be Impeached
- Think Progress: 7 eye-opening comments about Russia from James Comey’s ABC News interview
- Mother Jones: James Comey Had Some Very Not Nice Things to Say About Donald Trump
- Vox: Comey interview: there’s “evidence” Trump obstructed justice