Trump approval ratings highest on hurricane response
President Trump's highest approval ratings are for his response to the recent torrent of hurricanes, as well as for his effect on the economy, per a new Fox News poll released Wednesday.
Yes, but: Trump gets negative performance ratings on most other issues, including his handling of North Korea, Iran, immigration, taxes, Russia, and health care.
Key finding: The majority of respondents said that they felt the president could say or do something that would make them change their mind about him and make them disapprove.
Key quote: "Even though many have already made up their minds about Trump, performance and conditions matter," said Republican pollster Daron Shaw, who conducts the Fox News poll with Democratic counterpart Chris Anderson. "His handling of the hurricanes has been a net positive for him, but that could turn if the situation in Puerto Rico continues to deteriorate."
Other findings, detailed by Fox News:
- Trump's job performance: 53 percent disapprove, while 42 percent of voters approve.
- Trump himself: 45 percent "strongly" disapprove, while 26 percent "strongly" approve.
- Economy: 33 percent think the Trump administration has made it better, 14 percent think worse, 49 percent said it has stayed the same.
- Handling of hurricanes: 60 percent approve, 31 percent disapprove.
- North Korea: 55 percent disapprove, 39 percent approve.
- Iran: 45 percent disapprove, 39 percent approve.
- Immigration: 57 percent approve, 39 percent disapprove.
- Taxes: 47 percent disapprove, 36 percent approve.
- Russia: 54 percent disapprove, 36 percent approve.
- Health care: 58 percent disapprove, 35 percent approve.