Jan 24, 2017 - Health
If you only read one thing on executive actions ...
You should read this Incidental Economist post by smart people Nicholas Bagley and Adrianna McIntyre, who have found a long list of actions the Trump administration can take on its own to dismantle Obamacare, depending on how much it's willing to set the individual market on fire. A few of the highlights:
- Grant more waivers from the individual mandate
- Trim back the law's "essential benefits"
- Stop giving cost-sharing payments to insurers
- Allow states to impose work requirements, charge premiums for Medicaid
- Delay enforcement of the health insurer, pharmaceutical, and medical device taxes
- Loosen the rules for state Obamacare waivers