Apr 18, 2017 - Science
Google Earth gets a makeover
Google Earth released new features Tuesday that will let users see the world like never before.
- "Knowledge Cards": Gives more information on certain locations, and includes the history and pictures of places people search for.
- "I'm feeling lucky": Suggests locations that are "a little bit off the beaten path" – like a spot that a local might recommend.
- "Points of Interest": Recommends places it thinks the user will like based on their search history.
- Guided Tours: Google Earth is partnering with organizations like BBC Planet Earth, NASA, Sesame Street, and the Jane Goodall Institute for interactive guided tours.
- "Postcard": Users can send a snapshot of the location they are viewing to friends and family.
What's next: The remodeled Google Earth rolls out this week on Chrome and Android, and it will become available on iOS and other browsers soon.