Sign up for our daily briefing
Make your busy days simpler with Axios AM/PM. Catch up on what's new and why it matters in just 5 minutes.
Catch up on the day's biggest business stories
Subscribe to Axios Closer for insights into the day’s business news and trends and why they matter
Sign up for Axios Pro Rata
Dive into the world of dealmakers across VC, PE and M&A with Axios Pro Rata. Delivered daily to your inbox by Dan Primack and Kia Kokalitcheva.
Sports news worthy of your time
Binge on the stats and stories that drive the sports world with Axios Sports. Sign up for free.
Tech news worthy of your time
Get our smart take on technology from the Valley and D.C. with Axios Login. Sign up for free.
Get the inside stories
Get an insider's guide to the new White House with Axios Sneak Peek. Sign up for free.
Catch up on coronavirus stories and special reports, curated by Mike Allen everyday
Catch up on coronavirus stories and special reports, curated by Mike Allen everyday
Want a daily digest of the top Denver news?
Get a daily digest of the most important stories affecting your hometown with Axios Denver
Want a daily digest of the top Des Moines news?
Get a daily digest of the most important stories affecting your hometown with Axios Des Moines
Want a daily digest of the top Twin Cities news?
Get a daily digest of the most important stories affecting your hometown with Axios Twin Cities
Want a daily digest of the top Tampa Bay news?
Get a daily digest of the most important stories affecting your hometown with Axios Tampa Bay
Want a daily digest of the top Charlotte news?
Get a daily digest of the most important stories affecting your hometown with Axios Charlotte
Want a daily digest of the top Nashville news?
Get a daily digest of the most important stories affecting your hometown with the Axios Nashville newsletter.
Want a daily digest of the top Columbus news?
Get a daily digest of the most important stories affecting your hometown with the Axios Columbus newsletter.
Want a daily digest of the top Dallas news?
Get a daily digest of the most important stories affecting your hometown with the Axios Dallas newsletter.
Want a daily digest of the top Austin news?
Get a daily digest of the most important stories affecting your hometown with the Axios Austin newsletter.
Want a daily digest of the top Atlanta news?
Get a daily digest of the most important stories affecting your hometown with the Axios Atlanta newsletter.
Want a daily digest of the top Philadelphia news?
Get a daily digest of the most important stories affecting your hometown with the Axios Philadelphia newsletter.
Want a daily digest of the top Chicago news?
Get a daily digest of the most important stories affecting your hometown with the Axios Chicago newsletter.
Sign up for Axios NW Arkansas
Stay up-to-date on the most important and interesting stories affecting NW Arkansas, authored by local reporters
39 of 51 states (including DC) had news about women marches as the main headline of their biggest newspaper's homepage as of 1/21/2017 at 9:00 p.m. EST.
Papers with headlines about the march
State: Paper (Site) Headline as of 1/21/2017 at 9:00 p.m. EST
- Alabama: The Birmingham News (al.com) Women's March in Alabama
- Alaska: Alaska Dispatch (adn.com) Large crowd attends Women's March on Anchorage in solidarity with national events
- California: LA Times (Latimes.com) Massive women's march in downtown L.A. said to be largest in over a decade
- Colorado: Denver Post (denverpost.com) Women's March on Denver swells to more than 100,000
- Connecticut: Hartford Courant (courant.com) Estimated 10,000 March In Support Of Women's Rights In Hartford
- Delaware: The News Journal (delawareonline.com) 1,000 plus march in Newark on Trump's first day
- District of Columbia: The Washington Post (washingtpost.com) Millions protest at women's marches worldwide as Trump takes office
- Florida: Tampa Bay Times (tampabay.com) Women's March surpassed 20,000 protesters, making it largest in St. Petersburg history
- Georgia: Atlanta Journal Constitution (ajc.com) Police estimate: 60,000 in Atlanta for the social justice march to the Capitol
- Hawaii: Honolulu Star Advertiser (staradvertiser.com) Thousands march around state Capitol in show of solidarity
- Idaho: Boise Idaho Statesman (idahostatesman.com) 5,000 attend Boise's Women's March: '[Trump] is our leader now. ... It's important we have a voice'
- Illinois: Chicago Tribune (chicagotribune.com) Thousands fill Loop after Women's March rally in Chicago draws 250,000
- Kansas: Wichita Eagle (kansas.com) Wichita Women's March: one crowd but a range of reasons
- Kentucky: Courier Journal (courier-journal.com) For Kentucky women, D.C. march just the start
- Louisiana: The Times-Picayune (nola.com) New Orleanians march in response to Trump inauguration
- Maine: Portland Press Herald (pressherald.com) Massive crowd turns out for women's march in Portland
- Maryland: Baltimore Sun (baltimoresun.com) An estimated 5,000 people sing, chant, demonstrate at Baltimore's sister Women's March
- Massachusetts: Boston Globe (globe.com) I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS' Boston officials estimated that up to 175,000 attended Trump protest
- Michigan: Detroit Free Press (freep.com) Women's March on Washington a magnificent mess
- Minnesota: Minneapolis Star Tribune (startribune.com) 90,000-plus march in St. Paul with message for Trump
- Missouri: St. Louis Post-Dispatch (stltoday.com) Thousands take part in St. Louis Women's March, protesting Trump
- Montana: Billings Gazette (billingzgazette.com) Montana Women's March draws an estimated 10,000
- Nebraska: Omaha World-Herald (omaha.com) More than 1 million join anti-Trump women's marches worldwide
- New Hampshire: New Hampshire Union Leader (unionleader.com) Thousands rally for women's rights in NH after Trump takes power
- New Mexico: Albuquerque Journal (abqjournal.com) Thousands rally for women in Albuquerque, Santa Fe
- New York: New York Times (nytimes.com) We're Not Going Away': Huge Crowds for Women's Marches Against Trump
- North Carolina: Charlotte Observer (charlotteobserver.com) Women's March on Charlotte draws 'at least 10,000,' CMPD says
- Ohio: Cleveland Plain Dealer (cleveland.com) Women's March on Washington: What are they fighting for?
- Oregon: The Oregonian (oregonlive.com) Huge crowd at Portland Women's March fills city center: 'Women's rights are human rights'
- Rhode Island: Rhode Island Providence Journal (providencejournal.com) From Providence to Washington, Rhode Islander turn out to send Trump a message
- South Dakota: Argus Leader (argusleader.com) Thousands join women's march in Downtown Sioux Falls
- Texas: Dallas Morning News (dallasnews.com) This Day in Trump, Day 2: All eyes on crowd size
- Utah: Salt Lake Tribune (sltrib.com) Among the massive Women's March crowd in Washington — Utahns who want their voices heard
- Vermont: Burlington Free Press (burlingtonfreepress.com) Montpelier women's march draws 15,000
- Virginia: Virginian Pilot (pilotonline.com) Women from Hampton Roads participate with thousands in Washington, D.C., march
- Washington: Seattle Times (seattletimes.com) Live updates: Protesting Trump, more than 100,000 march in Seattle
- West Virginia: Charleston Gazette-Mail (wvgazettemail.com) Women worldwide march in protest against Trump
- Wisconsin: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (jsonline.com) "Look at us now!" Women's marches against Trump across America
- Wyoming: Casper Star Tribune (trib.com) Women's Marches in Casper, Cheyenne draw large crowds
Papers without main headlines about the march
- Arizona: Arizona Republic (azrepublic.com) Ken Colburn How to pick the best cellphone network
- Arkansas: Arkansas Democrat-Gazette (arkansasonline.com) Tornado warnings issued for part of southern Arkansas; tornado watch covers large swath of state
- Indiana: Indianapolis Star (indystar.com) Colts fire GM Ryan Grigson, Manning not in the mix to replace him
- Iowa: Des Moines Register (desmoinesregister.com) In double OT, Iowa State breaks recent losing run at Oklahoma
- Mississippi: Clarion-Ledger (clarionledger.com) Tornado leaves 4 dead, thousands without power
- Nevada: Las Vegas Review Journal (reviewjournal.com) Free Las Vegas attractions? Not when you factor in parking
- New Jersey: Newark Star Ledger (nj.com/starledger) What 2 ex-N.J. governors say about GOP vs. Obamacare; Christie's opioid epidemic policy
- North Dakota: The Forum of Fargo-Moorehead (inforum.com) McFeely: It's the media's duty to shine light on hatred
- Oklahoma: The Oklahoman (oklahoman.com) 'You Will Never Be Ignored Again': Speech shows America getting what it ordered
- Pennsylvania: Philadelphia Inquirer (philly.com) DA Williams fined $62,000 for ethics violations
- South Carolina: The State (thestate.com) McMaster to remain in all-white country club as SC governor
- Tennessee: Tennessean (tennessean.com) Task force to study Episcopal diocese's same-sex marriage ban