5. College basketball: AP Poll
1. Duke (12-1): The Blue Devils will look to cruise through conference play until the 19th when they face Virginia. That game can't come soon enough.
2. Michigan (15-0): The Wolverines are winning and they're doing it handily — they've beaten five of their last six opponents by double digits.
3. Tennessee (12-1): Tennessee is cruising and, for the fifth straight week, is ranked at number 3 in the poll. P.S. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Admiral Schofield is the best name in sports right now.
4. Virginia (13-0): Kyle Guy's record-breaking shooting (11 straight threes!) has the Cavaliers sitting pretty at number 4 after they rolled over No. 13 Florida State to open conference play.
5. Gonzaga (14-2): The Zags are riding high thanks to the returns of Killian Tillie and Geno Crandall, but per usual, will struggle to move up as they open conference play.
6. Michigan State, 7. Kansas, 8. Texas Tech, 9. Virginia Tech, 10. Nevada, 11. Auburn, 12. UNC, 13. Florida State, 14. Mississippi State, 15. NC State, 16. Ohio State, 17. Houston, 18. Kentucky, 19. Buffalo, 20. Iowa State, 21. Marquette, 22. Indiana, 23. Oklahoma, 24. San Jose State, 25. TCU
P.S. Speaking of Gonzaga, their women's team is ranked No. 14 (highest in program history), which makes them one of four schools with both their men's and women's teams ranked in the Top 15.
- The other three: Tennessee (3 and 11), Mississippi State (14 and 7) and NC State (15 and 8).