1 big thing: Biden rips Trump
Sorry for the late send today! I was moderating the Axios event headlined by Joe & Jill Biden and Sean Parker.
- The former VP blasted Trump's response to neo-Nazis in Charlottesville and lamented his "phony nationalism... The reason why the world is [compared] to America is not just because of the exercise of our power, but it's the power of our example ... It's because of who the hell we are."
- The Bidens called the fight against cancer the "one bipartisan issue out there."
- Parker cited immunotherapy as the "opportunity for disruption" in the fight against cancer and the catalyst for his $250 million philanthropic project, the Parker Institute for Cancer Immunotherapy.
Full video coming soon on the Axios stream.
2. What you missed
- The victims of the Texas church shooting. The names we know.
- The U.S. Department of Justice has told AT&T that it would be required to sell CNN as a condition of approval for its proposed $85 billion acquisition of Time Warner. More.
- Rand Paul has "six broken ribs & new X-ray shows a pleural effusion," he tweeted today. Background.
- Yahoo CEO Marissa Meyer apologized to the company's users over that massive data breach. Details.
- Activist investor Carl Icahn has been subpoenaed by the the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York over his role as an unpaid advisor to President Trump on deregulation. More.
3. 1 neat thing
Mammals were primarily nocturnal until about 66 million years ago — about the time when dinosaurs were wiped out. Then, they became diurnal creatures active during the daytime. The two events may be linked, according to a new study.