By Mike Allen
1 big thing: tax cuts will pass
Surprise, tax cuts are on the way.
- Why Rubio got on board: The final deal will allow families with no income tax liability to receive $1,400 of the $2,000 child tax credit.
- "We have not seen text but I think it is fair to say the working families will get more tax relief in the final bill," said Conn Carroll, a spokesman for Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT).
We'll let you know if there's any surprises from the final bill language, expected around 5:30 pm EST.
2. What you missed
- The Western Wall in East Jerusalem will remain part of Israel in any future peace agreement with the Palestinians, a senior White House official told reporters today. More.
- There's now a urine test to identify tuberculosis cases, developed by George Mason University researchers. Details.
- Two new Facebook features: 1) "Snooze," which lets you mute a friend for a month; and 2) "Take a break," which lets you hide stuff from your ex.
- And a Facebook admission: Social media can have negative (or positive) effects on people, depending on how they use it. Their wording.
- Michigan entrepreneur Ann Marie Sastry has left Dyson, two years after it acquired her controverial lithium-ion battery company, Axios has learned. The scoop.