By Mike Allen
Situational awareness: Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) is a yes on the final tax reform bill.
2. What you missed
- President Trump laid out his national security strategy in a speech Monday, saying, "Whether we like it or not, we are engaged in a new era of competition." Quotes.
- The Trump administration will take a step toward regulating carbon emissions from America's power plants, according to a document obtained by Axios.
- Global venture capital investment has hit an all-time record, with more than $142 billion already disbursed in 2017, according to data provider PitchBook. The chart.
- U.S. vetoes U.N. measure on Jerusalem: The big picture on that news from Barak Ravid of Israel's Channel 10 News.
- Russian tech company Kaspersky Lab sued the Trump administration in U.S. federal court Monday over its decision to ban the company's software products at all federal agencies due to national security concerns. More.
3. 1 video thing
I teamed up with our video squad to do this quick segment on how Trumpworld is reacting to Mueller.