Where to pick your favorite apples near the Twin Cities
It's apple season! Minnesota is known for creating some of the best apples (Honeycrisp, anyone?), and there are plenty of opportunities to pick a peck near the Twin Cities this season.
How it works: Pay by the pound, and pick as many as you'd like.
- Most orchards will only offer a few types to pick yourself, but they typically sell a variety of pre-picked apples.
Harvest varies as the season progresses, but here's what's available, as of Wednesday, at five orchards near the Twin Cities.
- Apple Jack Orchards in Delano: Honeycrisp, Sweetango
- Afton Apple Orchard in Hastings: McIntosh, RiverBelle, Cortland, and Haralson
- Emma Krumbee's Orchard in Belle Plaine: Honeycrisp, Fireside
- Thompsons' Hillcrest Orchard in Elko: First Kiss, Honeycrisp and Sweetango
- Applewood Orchard in Lakeville: Paula Red, Sweetango, Ginger Gold, Honeycrisp, Honeygold and Sweet Sixteen
Tip: Many orchards also offer other fall activities, like corn mazes, hayrides and even cideries — check and see what else is available!
More Twin Cities stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Twin Cities.