It's apple season! Minnesota is known for creating some of the best apples (Honeycrisp, anyone?), and there are plenty of opportunities to pick a peck near the Twin Cities this season.
How it works: Pay by the pound, and pick as many as you'd like.
- Most orchards will only offer a few types to pick yourself, but they typically sell a variety of pre-picked apples.
Harvest varies as the season progresses, but here's what's available, as of Wednesday, at five orchards near the Twin Cities.
- Apple Jack Orchards in Delano: Honeycrisp, Sweetango
- Afton Apple Orchard in Hastings: McIntosh, RiverBelle, Cortland, and Haralson
- Emma Krumbee's Orchard in Belle Plaine: Honeycrisp, Fireside
- Thompsons' Hillcrest Orchard in Elko: First Kiss, Honeycrisp and Sweetango
- Applewood Orchard in Lakeville: Paula Red, Sweetango, Ginger Gold, Honeycrisp, Honeygold and Sweet Sixteen
Tip: Many orchards also offer other fall activities, like corn mazes, hayrides and even cideries — check and see what else is available!
More Twin Cities stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Twin Cities.