Aug 31, 2021 - Things to Do
Take our survey: Do Minnesotans have friendship issues?
Are the stereotypes true? Is it actually harder to make friends in the Twin Cities?
Zoom out: New research shows Americans have fewer friends than in the past. Only 13% of U.S. adults reported having 10 or more close friends in 2021, versus 33% in 1990, Axios' Mike Allen writes.
- 22% percent of Americans say it's been at least five years since they last made a new friend, according to May polling by the Survey Center on American Life.
We want to hear from you. We're asking:
- Are native Minnesotans more difficult to befriend?
- If you're from Minnesota, are most of your friends also from here?
- How do you meet new people?
- What advice would you give to transplants looking to form new friendships?
Our survey is short, simple and should take just a couple of minutes to complete. It runs through Thursday night, and the results will be shared next week.
More Twin Cities stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Twin Cities.