Luxury Lake Norman estate with private beach sold for record-setting $7.5M
This luxury estate on Lake Norman recently sold for $7,500,000.
State of play: The mansion, at 130 Points End Dr., is tied with Christian McCaffery’s mansion for being the most expensive home ever sold in Mooresville.
- It’s the second most expensive home sold in Lake Norman, according to a press release. The record sale was marketed by Ben Bowen with Premier Sotheby’s International Realty’s Lake Norman.
Layout: At almost 7,000 square feet, this contemporary new build has four bedrooms and five bathrooms.
- Luxury features include a private sandy beach, private boat dock, pool, outdoor spa and fire pit.
- It also features a panoramic view of the lake from the floor-to-ceiling windows throughout the house.
- The home also features a standalone waterfront fitness lounge with lake views.
Why it matters: The number of luxury listings is surging in the Lake Norman area and beyond — in fact, in the Charlotte area, $1 million homes have become the new normal.
By the numbers: Locally, the median-priced luxury home was $1,300,000, up 8% from last year, according to a Redfin report.
- The luxury supply was up 4.2%, while non-luxury supply was down 18.1%.
The big picture: Luxury home sales are up in nearly a third of major U.S. metros, per the Redfin report.
- Luxury housing supply rose 3% across the U.S., and sales surged more than 30% in some metros.
- Meanwhile non-luxury home sales were down in every major U.S. metro, and non-luxury supply is down 21% overall.
The intrigue: A growing share of luxury buyers are paying in all cash (43%) or weathering high mortgage rates in hopes of refinancing later, per the report.
- Cash deals make up an average of 18.7% of all real estate deals in Charlotte.
Bottom line: The luxury real estate market isn’t as burdened by high mortgage rates and home prices.
Take a look around:
All photos courtesy of Skycam Digital.
More Charlotte stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Charlotte.