How to spend 48 hours in Charlotte with WBTV’s Molly Grantham
Your tour guide: Molly Grantham, WBTV anchor, author, speaker, and mom.
One activity that every Charlottean should experience: A Charlotte FC game. "It's super fun, it's all ages. I've been in Charlotte for twenty years and I've seen a lot of things, but there's just a whole new spirit with Charlotte FC."
Here’s Molly’s itinerary for a perfect Charlotte weekend while hosting out-of-town friends or family members.
If we had friends with kids in town, we’d hop on the Gold Line and take it into Uptown.
- You get on this free, pretty, clean new streetcar and take it right into the city.
- We’d get off and head to The Bella Ciao for pizza.
- Afterward, we’d get ice cream at Golden Cow.
- Then we’d walk around Uptown for a while.
We love The Batchmaker, so we’d start there.
- It’s not a breakfast food, but I have to get the Kitchen Sink cookie every time I go. I’ll have it at any hour of the day. Something about the mix of savory and sweet with the pretzels and potato chips is just so good.
From there, we’d head to Town Brewing Company.
- Their 6 Shooter is a spinach wrap with chicken, pesto, and cilantro. I get that for lunch a lot. I love their RP-1 beer, which is a hazy IPA.
After that, we’d go shopping at some of the local boutiques.
- J.T. Posh is a wonderful consignment boutique. I get a lot of my clothes from there.
- I also love CLT Find because it has a lot of Charlotte spirit.
- Park Road Books is another favorite. I love roaming through there.
- We’d also check out Moxie Mercantile’s Plaza Midwood location. They carry VUE by SEK, which is my sister-in-law’s jewelry brand. It’s simple but fun, with different stones and colors. I wear her pieces a lot on the news.
In the evening, we’d head to NoDa.
- I love Idlewild. It has a major metropolitan vibe.
- The bartender heard I liked pinot noir and she made me a pinot-inspired cocktail that I loved so much that they named it after me.
- If you go, ask for the drink that Molly likes.
After that, we’d walk three blocks and go to Ever Andalo.
- The Italian there is so good. We’d have to get the grilled octopus as an appetizer. It’s a gorgeous space, too. I love the wallpaper.
Before our guests left on Sunday, we’d do brunch at Bistro La Bon.
- They have a great buffet and $3 mimosas.
This story is proudly presented by Charlotte Regional Visitors Authority. The editorial selection is not influenced or endorsed by this sponsor.
More Charlotte stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Charlotte.