Sol Delish will bring new soul food options to University City
Sol Delish, a new soul food restaurant, will open in University City on July 26 with customizable turkey wings, mimosa flights and an outdoor patio.
“We wanted to open this in a less saturated area, like South End, so people don’t feel like they have to travel into to city every time they’re considering a sit-down restaurant,” co-owner Brice Latell said.
Why it matters: Although large development projects are sprouting up in the area, signifying rapid growth, there are few locally-owned dining options in University City compared to other neighborhoods in Charlotte.
- The restaurant has indoor seating for up to 38 people and seating on the patio for about 18 people.
- Brice says he hopes it becomes a destination for college students looking for meals outside of campus and he says he plans to offer discounts for students.
Menu: Sol Delish will serve brunch, lunch and dinner.
- Signature dishes include customizable turkey wings, instead of chicken wings, with flavors like lemon pepper and jerk.
- Plus, it’ll also offer seafood favorites like shrimp and grits, lobster and shrimp mac and cheese.
- Drink options include mimosas flights, plus specialty cocktails — like their “Soul Punch” which is their version of a Long Island, topped with champagne.
- Eventually, they’ll expand their menu to include items like daily specialty cakes for dessert.
What’s next: Brice hopes to expand Sol Delish to two more locations within the next few years. Specifically, he’s looking at Huntersville or Pineville.
More Charlotte stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Charlotte.