Popular delivery-only bagel shop to open first Charlotte-area storefront with drive-thru
BagelGram, a delivery-only bagelery, is expanding with a brick-and-mortar shop in the Hemby Bridge area near Indian Trail and Matthews.
- Kevin Priest answered that call when he launched his ghost kitchen and bagel delivery business during the pandemic. After years of searching for the right permanent location, he’s secured a five-year lease for a 1,300-square-foot space off Idlewild Road.
Background: Priest started BagelGram out of necessity, he told me back in 2021. He had lost his job at the start of the pandemic and needed to find a new way to support his family.
- The Florida native grew up watching and learning the bagel-making process out of his childhood best friend’s shop.
- Then he married a woman from New Jersey and honed his craft even more.
What to expect: The new space will have a 40-foot counter where customers can see all the bagel and cream cheese varieties. “I really want it to feel like you’re coming into BagleGram headquarters,” Priest says.
- The shop will have a drive-thru window, and it’ll also still offer delivery a couple of days a week to certain neighborhoods.
- To start, the menu will be primarily focused on bagels with more sandwiches available after a few months, depending on hiring.
- Prices will start at $1.75 per bagel.
Location: 7878 Idlewild Road, in the former 100 Main Beef & BBQ space.
Hours: Priest plans to open the shop Tuesday through Sunday from about 6:30am to 2pm, but that’s subject to change as the opening date gets closer.
More Charlotte stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Charlotte.