Luxury rideshare app Goldsainte is giving away $1,000 for spotting this local artist original
Goldsainte, a local luxury rideshare company, added another exclusive feature to its fleet of cars — a ride in a Bentley custom-painted by local artist Frankie Zombie.
Zombie, who’s known for painting on unconventional surfaces, painted the hood of a Bentley Bentayga. The car, AKA The Frankie Zombie “Catch Me If You Can,” is the newest addition to Goldsainte’s fleet of luxury cars.
Driving the news: Goldsainte launched to members in March and released to the general public over the weekend.
Why it matters: The car was custom designed for Goldsainte as a part of a new campaign to build community and engagement, according to Goldsainte founder Andre Powell.
- If you snag a selfie with the car by Sept. 30, you can submit the photo to win a free round-trip ride and a $1,000 prize.
- Powell tells us the company was built on being inclusive.
- “You might think these cars are only reserved for wealthy Americans so I wanted to create an opportunity for people to have a chance to have access to a luxurious experience,” Powell said.
Background: Growing up, Zombie says he couldn’t afford canvases to paint on, so he used what he had.
- Now, his artwork has been featured on everything from human bodies, to a NASCAR vehicle, a Mercedes Benz and his own personal car.
“It’s crazy to think that I went from living in a car at one point to painting cars professionally,” Zombie said.
Cost: Membership holders can book the Bentley Bentayga for $199. It’s $249 for non-members.
- Anyone who books a ride with this car is automatically entered for a chance to win $10,000.
- Of note: This car will not travel outside city limits.
What’s next: Every city the app launches in will have one custom car design to provide more opportunities for local artists.
More Charlotte stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Charlotte.