Self-service dog salon called Bubbly Paws now open in South End
Bubbly Paws, which offers self-service bath stations and professional groomers is now open in South End.
The Minneapolis-based company has stores all over the country. The South End location is the first in North Carolina.
Why it matters: More than half of all households in Charlotte are considered “pet-owning,” per the American Veterinary Medical Association. It can be hard to get a grooming appointment on a moment’s notice – Bubbly Paws owner Mary Royall Wright hopes to meet that need and simplify the process. “You can make an appointment online, or text your groomer,” she said.
- “I think what’s going to set us apart is our groomers,” she said, explaining that their groomers will build relationships with their clients, similar to how hairdressers build relationships with their human clients.
What to expect: The South End location has four self-service bath stations and a drying room. You’ll be supplied with everything you need for your groom, including aprons, towels, brushes, cologne, ear cleaner, toothbrushes, house shampoo and conditioner.
- There are also three grooming rooms, for when you need professional help. You can make an appointment here.
- Bubbly Paws offers a subscription service called the scrub club, which includes unlimited self-service baths, discounts on grooming and nail trims and discounts on retail products they sell in-store. The first 50 people who join the scrub club will get a 20% discount, a free month, and grooming and retail discounts.
Pricing: Self-service fees are $15.00 for small dogs and $18.00 for large dogs. No appointment is necessary for self-service.
- Full grooming appointments start at $65 for small dogs and bigger dogs like golden retrievers and doodles will be in the $80-$95 range for full grooms.
- Scrub club prices range from $25/month for dogs under 40 pounds and $30/month for dogs over 40 pounds.
Details: Bubbly Paws is located at 141 New Bern St., near Link & Pin in South End. It’s open 10am-8pm Monday-Friday and 10am-6pm Saturday-Sunday.
- In honor of their grand opening March, they’re offering half-off self-service baths, half-off nail trims and grinds, paw painting and pup cups.
- The Charlotte Humane Society will be on-site on opening day, and 10% of sales from the day will be donated to the nonprofit.
What’s next: Wright tells me she hopes to work with other nonprofits in the area that help pets in Charlotte find permanent homes.
- There’s another Bubbly Paws opening in Fort Mill later this year.
More Charlotte stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Charlotte.