Mar 7, 2018 - Food and Drink

Famous Toastery Uptown opening March 24. View 5 popular menu items, including their Stuffed French Toast

best breakfast restaurants in charlotte

best breakfast restaurants in charlotte

Famous Toastery will host a soft opening of its new Uptown location on March 24 and March 25.

During the two-day soft opening, 100% of the proceeds will go to Classroom Central. The official grand opening is March 26.

Hours will be 7 a.m. – 3 p.m.

Personally, I’m a frequent customer at Toast’s Dilworth location and as it turns out a lot of you are as well. In our most recent Agenda audience poll, Famous Toastery was ranked the #1 best breakfast spot in the city, followed by Sunflour Baking Company and Original Pancake House.

Outside the entrance of Famous Toastery Uptown
Outside the entrance of Famous Toastery Uptown. Another thing I love about Toast is that service is always friendly and fast. 

Famous Toastery Uptown is located next to the Charlotte Chamber office and will have two levels. The top floor will have dining and a grab-and-go counter, while the bottom floor will have a bar, dining and tables.

Famous Toastery now has 31 locations. It’s cool to see their growth.

One interesting thing to note is that you can rent any of their spaces for private parties for between $50 and $70, depending on the location. Given the fact that they close at 3 p.m., this is a cool idea of a happy hour type event.

Top floor
Bottom floor bar

Breakfast menu

About 70% of Famous Toastery’s sales come from breakfast and brunch and the other 30% come from lunch.

Nothing against their lunch menu, but I view Toast as a breakfast-first restaurant.


Lunch menu

Their most popular lunch item is the Left Coast B.L.T ($10.99) – bacon, lettuce, tomato, avocado, brie and pesto mayo on whole wheat with side of pesto pasta salad and a pickle.

Lunch menu at Famous Toastery
Left Coast B.L.T

Looking for tasty breakfast dishes? Here are four of Famous Toastery’s most popular breakfast options.

Avocado Benny ($12.99) — Split avocado baked with two eggs any style, topped with pepperjack cheese and cajun spices served with pico de gallo and fresh fruit.

Avocado Benny

The Burrito with Homemade Salsa ($8.99) – Eggs, tomatoes, onions, peppers and cheddar, wrapped in a flour tortilla.

The Burrito with Homemade Salsa
The Burrito with Homemade Salsa

Huevos Rancheros ($10.99) – Two eggs any style served over black beans, cheddar & feta cheese, with crispy tortilla strips, topped with cilantro, pico de gallo and avocado slices.

Huevos Rancheros

Stuffed French Toast ($10.99) – Raspberry, blueberry, peanut butter and banana for strawberry and cream cheese

Stuffed French Toast

Yes, it’s actually stuffed. 🙂


With little competition in a growing section of Uptown and strong brand recognition, I expect Famous Toastery to be a popular choice for Uptown breakfast meetings and grab-and-go lunches.


Get more local stories in your inbox with Axios Charlotte.


Support local journalism by becoming a member.

Learn more

More Charlotte stories

No stories could be found


Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Charlotte.


Support local journalism by becoming a member.

Learn more