Feb 15, 2016 - Business
Cribs: Positec’s North American headquarters for WORX and Rockwell
Positec fast facts
- Positec owns the WORX and Rockwell Tools brands. I’m especially obsessed with the WORX brand; this line of tools is beautifully designed.
- I loved seeing the WORX Landroid robotic lawn mower that was recently featured on the TODAY Show. Yes, it’s a robotic lawn mower.
- Marketing team does live tool demonstration shows from the office.
- All customer service is handled out of their Charlotte office. The call center had tools all over the place that the customer service agents use to talk through things that tool owners call in about. Many employees start in the call center and work their way up.
- Around 80 employees. Tom Duncan is the North America CEO. Great guy.
- Lowe’s is their biggest customer, but they also sell to the other big boys – Home Depot, Walmart, Sears, etc. They also sell direct to consumer.
- Company headquarters is in China and they own all of their factories. North American headquarters is here in Charlotte.
- Company produces a ton of how-to, product demonstration and promotional video — all in house. Super high tech editing bay. This was a big surprise and very cool.
Let’s take a look around…
More Charlotte stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Charlotte.