SaveSave story

Infowars receives second strike from YouTube over Parkland conspiracy

Image courtesy of YouTube.

Infowars, the conspiracy-peddling website and radio show operated by Alex Jones, has received a second disciplinary strike from YouTube for a video that targeted Parkland shooting survivor David Hogg, reports The Hill. Per Youtube's community guidelines, Infowars will be unable to post new content to YouTube for two weeks, with the threat of a permanent ban from the platform should it receive a third strike within a three-month period.

Why it matters: The video in question, titled "David Hogg Can't Remember His Lines In TV Interview," alleges Hogg and his classmates are "crisis actors" who have been paid to appear on television by the anti-gun lobby. Infowars is one of several outlets that have actively promoted conspiracy theories in the wake of the Parkland shooting, and risks losing access to more than 2 million YouTube subscribers if it receives another strike.

Jonathan Swan 1 hour ago
SaveSave story

McMaster out, Bolton in as National Security Adviser

Bolton. Photo: Drew Angerer/Getty Images

H.R. McMaster plans to resign and will be replaced as national security adviser by former U.N. ambassador John Bolton. The White House said McMaster's departure had been under discussion for some time and that the process was sped up to end speculation about the role. McMaster will stay on until mid-April.

Bottom line: This isn’t about ideology — unlike Trump, Bolton is hawkish and interventionist on foreign policy. This is about personal chemistry. 

Khorri Atkinson 1 hour ago
SaveSave story

Meet John Bolton, Trump's new national security adviser

Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations John Bolton speaks during the Conservative Political Action Conference last month. Photo: Alex Wong / Getty Images

President Trump said Thursday that national security adviser H.R. McMaster, who's resigning, will be replaced by John R. Bolton, a hawkish former United States ambassador to the United Nations.