Hope Hicks and Steve Bannon. Photo: Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
The House Judiciary Committee voted on Wednesday along party lines to authorize subpoenas to obtain documents from 5 former White House officials.
The big picture: The subpoenas are part of the committee's wide-ranging investigation into allegations of obstruction of justice, public corruption and other abuses of power by the Trump administration. As part of the resolution, the committee also authorized a subpoena for Attorney General Bill Barr to turn over special counsel Robert Mueller's full report.
Subpoenas were authorized for the following individuals:
- Former White House counsel Don McGahn
- Former White House strategist Steve Bannon
- Former White House communications director Hope Hicks
- Former White House chief of staff Reince Priebus
- Former White House deputy counsel Ann Donaldson