Andrew Harnik / AP
Sean Spicer blasted Russia for its support of Assad, emphasizing that only "failed states" share their position and asking, "at what point do they recognize they're getting on the wrong side of history?" More highlights:
- On Assad's use of chemical weapons: "Someone as despicable as Hitler didn't even sink to use chemical weapons," said Spicer. He later clarified: "He was not using the gas on his own people in the same way that Assad is doing."
- Tillerson's Moscow trip: Tillerson is hoping to make a deal on how to defeat ISIS. Trump has also asked him to do his best to convince Russia that Assad must go.
- Russian involvement in Syria: There is "no consensus" within the intelligence community on Russia's involvement in the chemical weapons attack.
- On reviving Trumpcare: "We clearly are getting closer, more votes are moving in our direction."
- Trump's thoughts on the United Airlines incident: "I don't think anyone looks at a video like that and isn't disturbed in some way."
- Trump's North Korea tweets: Trump has made it clear that their actions are "not tolerable," adding, "The last thing we want to see is a nuclear North Korea that threatens the coast of the United States."