The latest health care CEO compensation numbers
Sage Therapeutics CEO Jeff Jonas made $28.2 million. Photo: NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images
More health care CEO pay packages from 2017 are in — with some earning hundreds of times more than the median employee at their companies.
A reminder: The CEO numbers are calculated using actual realized stock gains instead of the estimates that are displayed in company filings. (Employee figures are the only numbers listed in filings and may only include estimated stock.)
- CEO Kevin Conroy: $32.3 million
- Pay ratio: 328:1 (median employee made $98,724)
- CEO Jeff Jonas: $28.2 million
- Pay ratio: 73:1 (median employee made $383,682)
- CEO Kent Thiry: $15.6 million
- Pay ratio: 258:1 (median employee made $60,332)
- CEO Michel Vounatsos: $4.9 million
- Pay ratio: 33:1 (median employee made $148,904)
- CEO Mark Alles: $4.5 million
- Pay ratio: 21:1 (median employee made $213,089)
- Retired CEO Bob Hugin, who is running for U.S. Senate, made $40.5 million.