Dave Lawler Mar 20, 2017
Everything we learned at today's House hearing on Russia
The key takeaways from the House Intelligence hearing with FBI Director Comey and NSA Director Rogers:
- Comey confirmed the FBI is investigating potential links between the Trump campaign and the Russian government. The investigation started in late July.
- FBI has "looked carefully" and found no evidence to support Trump's claim he was bugged by the Obama administration.
- Comey said there has been an "unusually active" stream of classified information leaking in recent weeks.
- He added that some media reports based on supposed leaks are "dead wrong" but that FBI does not correct them.
- No evidence that Russia altered vote tallies through its interference.
- US intelligence expects Russian interference in "2020, maybe 2018" elections to undermine US democracy.
- Russia hacked both parties, but only the Democratic emails were leaked.