Trump goes nasty with pre-State of the Union insults
President Trump's comments on his political opponents at an off the record lunch today with news anchors ahead of the State of the Union, as reported by the NYT:
- Joe Biden: "When I say something that you might think is a gaffe, it’s on purpose; it’s not a gaffe. When Biden says something dumb, it’s because he’s dumb.”
- Elizabeth Warren: “I hope I haven’t wounded Pocahontas too badly ... I’d like to run against her.”
- Chuck Schumer: "Can be a nasty son of a bitch.”
- Ralph Northam: “Could you believe it? He choked like a dog.”
- The late John McCain: "He wrote a book and the book bombed."