President Trump's comments on his political opponents at an off the record lunch today with news anchors ahead of the State of the Union, as reported by the NYT:
- Joe Biden: "When I say something that you might think is a gaffe, it’s on purpose; it’s not a gaffe. When Biden says something dumb, it’s because he’s dumb.”
- Elizabeth Warren: “I hope I haven’t wounded Pocahontas too badly ... I’d like to run against her.”
- Chuck Schumer: "Can be a nasty son of a bitch.”
- Ralph Northam: “Could you believe it? He choked like a dog.”
- The late John McCain: "He wrote a book and the book bombed."