Exclusive: FanDuel, The Ringer agree to multi-year deal
Spotify and FanDuel have agreed to a multi-year deal that will see FanDuel expand its partnership with The Ringer, Axios has learned.
Some partnership examples:
- Featured bets: Bill Simmons and other Ringer podcast hosts will design featured bets and promotions for their audiences, who can then wager via FanDuel.
- Increased integrations: FanDuel will be increasingly integrated into a wide range of Ringer content, including featured segments and presenting sponsorships.
- Content creation: This new partnership will enable FanDuel to collaborate with Ringer talent on a variety of content.
- FanDuel TV: The Ringer will license select video content to be syndicated on FanDuel TV, the company's recently-launched linear cable network.
The big picture: Sports betting companies continue to partner with media outlets and personalities in an attempt to acquire customers, promote their brands and align themselves with desirable audiences.
- This has, in turn, created a new revenue stream for media platforms. If a popular podcast is talking about betting, there's a good chance that segment is sponsored by a sportsbook.
- FanDuel has numerous media partnerships, including a deal with punter-turned-podcaster Pat McAfee that's reportedly worth $30 million annually.