The Buckeyes are the hottest ticket in college football
State of play: For the first time ever, the Buckeyes are the most in-demand team in college football based on cumulative ticket sales as of Aug. 12, per exclusive data provided by StubHub.
- The top 10: 1. Ohio State, 2. Alabama, 3. Texas, 4. Georgia, 5. Texas A&M, 6. Notre Dame, 7. Michigan, 8. Penn State, 9. Auburn, 10. LSU
- Ohio State's year-over-year increase in cumulative sales was also the largest among all teams, followed by Texas, Pittsburgh, Notre Dame and Nebraska.
- Wild stat: The Buckeyes account for nearly 10% of all college football sales so far on StubHub, including more than a third of Big Ten sales.
Conference call: The SEC leads all conferences for the third straight full-capacity season, accounting for 39% of all sales. They're followed by the Big Ten (27%), Big 12 (13%), ACC (8%) and Pac-12 (5%).
Top 10 games: Alabama (three), Ohio State (two) and Notre Dame (two) are the only teams with multiple games in StubHub's top 10 by total sales:
- Alabama at Texas (Sept. 10)
- Notre Dame at Ohio State (Sept. 3)
- Texas A&M at Alabama (Oct. 8)
- Oregon vs. Georgia (Sept. 3; Atlanta's Mercedes-Benz Stadium)
- Michigan at Ohio State (Nov. 26)
- Auburn at Alabama (Nov. 26)
- Clemson at Notre Dame (Nov. 5)
- West Virginia at Pittsburgh (Sept. 1)
- Oklahoma at Nebraska (Sept. 17)
- Florida State vs. LSU (Sept. 4; New Orleans' Caesars Superdome)