Olympic City, USA
From Denver and Boulder to Colorado Springs, dozens of Olympic athletes consider Colorado home or train here.
The big picture: Colorado Springs considers itself Olympic City, USA. It is home to:
- The U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee headquarters.
- The Olympic and Paralympic Training Center.
- The U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Museum.
- And dozens of national Olympic and sport governing bodies.
Fun fact: About 15,000 athletes come to the training center each year, according to Colorado Springs officials.
- More than 250 Olympic athletes call Colorado home.
What they're saying: "Colorado takes pride in every Team USA athlete," Gov. Jared Polis said in a statement ahead of the Games.