Jan 20, 2019 - Technology
Sheryl Sandberg says Facebook needs "to do better"
Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg acknowledged at a conference in Germany on Sunday that the social network had a rough 2018 and that "we need to do better to protect people's data," CNBC reports.
Why it matters: 2019 will be the year Facebook continues to apologize. As Axios' Scott Rosenberg previously reported, 2018 was going to be the year CEO Mark Zuckerberg finally fixed Facebook, but it became Zuckerberg's apology tour.
Sandberg's priorities, per CNBC:
- "Investing in safety and security"
- "Protecting against election interference"
- "Cracking down on fake accounts and fake information"
- "Making sure people feel like they control their own information"
- "Increasing transparency at Facebook"
Go deeper: Sheryl Sandberg: Facebook must do better on civil rights