Go deeper: The schedule for John McCain's memorial events
The schedule of events — from Phoenix, Ariz., to Washington, D.C. — that will celebrate the life of the late Sen. John McCain this week is beginning to come together.
The big thing: McCain will become just the 31st person to lie in state in the U.S. Capitol Rotunda since 1852 — one of the greatest honors available to an American statesman.
- His body will lie in state in the Rotunda of the Arizona State Capitol on Wednesday, which would have been his 82nd birthday.
- A memorial service will take place at the North Phoenix Baptist Church at 10 a.m. PT on Thursday.
- McCain will lie in state in the Capitol Rotunda for a public viewing between the hours of 2 p.m. and 8 p.m on Friday.
- His funeral service will take place on Saturday at 10 a.m. at Washington National Cathedral.
- He'll be buried in Annapolis, Md., at the U.S. Naval Academy Cemetery.
Go deeper: John McCain's finest moments as a senator.