Victims of the Las Vegas shooting
At least 59 have been killed and 527 others injured after a shooter opened fire on a country music concert in Las Vegas Sunday night, the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history.
Names, not a number: The victims came from Tennessee, New Mexico, California and Alaska. They were school teachers, first responders, and nurses. They were wives, brothers, mothers, and sons. Many were young students, excited for a night of country music, who entered the concert venue and never came out.
Below are the names and occupations of those who have been confirmed dead, with links to more information. This post will continue to be updated as more names are released.
- Sonny Melton, 29, a registered nurse from Tennessee who died trying to shield his wife from the gunfire.
- Lisa Romero-Muniz, a secretary at Miyamura High School in New Mexico.
- Jordan McIldoon, 23, a mechanic apprentice who was about to start trade school in British Columbia, Canada.
- Jessica Klymchuk, 34, a mother of four who worked as a librarian and bus driver at a Catholic school in Alberta, Canada.
- Quinton Robbins, 20, a student at the University of Nevada-Las Vegas.
- Sandy Casey, a special education teacher at the Manhattan Beach Middle School in California.
- Rachael Parker, 33, a records technician for the police department in Manhattan Beach, Calif.
- Adrian Murfitt, 35, a commercial fisherman in Anchorage, Alaska.
- Dorene Anderson, a stay-at-home mother in Anchorage, Alaska.
- Charleston "Chuck" Hartfield, 34, a military veteran, a youth football coach, and a police officer for the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department who was off-duty Sunday night.
- Angela "Angie" Gomez, 20, a 2015 graduate of Riverside Polytechnic High School in Riverside, California.
- Susan Smith, 53, an office manager at Vista Fundamental Elementary School in Simi Valley, California.
- Bailey Schweitzer, 20, a receptionist at Infinity Communications and Consulting in Bakersfield, Calif. who attended the concert with her mom.
- Rhonda LeRocque; 42, a design company in Cambridge, Massachusetts. She was with her husband and 7-year-old daughter when she died.
- Denise Burditus, 50, a wife who lived in Martinsburg, West Virginia.
- John Phippen, 56, a father of five, grandfather of one, and owned a remodeling and repair company in Santa Clarita, California.
- Jack Beaten, a father of two from California, who was shot while trying to protect his wife. He died in the hospital.
- Chris Roybal, 28, of Southern California. He was a Navy veteran who served in Afghanistan.
- Thomas Day Jr., 54, a home builder and father of four from Riverside, California. He was with all of his children when he died.
- Hannah Ahlers, 35, a mother of three from Murrieta, California.
- Dana Gardner, 52, a deputy recorder for California's San Bernardino County, where she worked for 26 years.
- Jennifer Topaz Irvine, 42, a family law attorney based in San Diego.
- Jenny Parks, a mother of three and a teacher with Westside Union School District in California.
- Neysa Tonks, a mother of three from Las Vegas who worked at Technologent, a California-based technology company.
- Carrie Barnette, 34, a Disney employee of 11 years.
- Kurt Von Tillow, 55, from Cameron Park, Calif.
- Victor Link, 52, a father and a loan processor from San Clemente, Calif.
- Bill Wolfe Jr., a husband and a wrestling coach from Shippensburg, Pennsylvania.
- Michelle Vo, 32, an insurance agent from Los Angeles.