Dec 3, 2017
The nutrition facts on Trump's McDonald's order
A book about the Trump campaign that will be out Tuesday — "Let Trump Be Trump," by top campaign officials Corey Lewandowski and David Bossie — includes a typical Trump order from McDonald's (via WashPost): "two Big Macs, two Fillet-O-Fish, and a chocolate malted."
We did a little math, using the Nutrition Calculator on the McDonald's website:
- Big Mac 540 calories, 28 grams of fat, times 2 = 1,080 calories, 56 grams of fat
- Filet-O-Fish: 410 calories, 20 grams of fat, times 2 = 820 calories, 40 grams of fat
- McCafé chocolate shake: 530 calories, 15 grams of fat
For one meal, that's a whopper 2,430 calories and 111 grams of fat.
- Assuming Trump was "moderately active" during the campaign, U.S. nutrition guidelines estimates the daily calorie need for a man of his age is 2,200 (2,600 if you give him "active," the highest category, which includes walking more than 3 miles a day).
- The upper limit for a big diet — 2,800 calories — is 93 total fat grams a day.