Nov 15, 2017 - Energy & Environment
How Elon Musk uses the scientific method
From a fascinating Rolling Stone profile on Elon Musk, a description of how he thinks of the scientific method, in "mostly his own words":
- "Ask a question."
- "Gather as much evidence as possible about it. "
- "Develop axioms based on the evidence, and try to assign a probability of truth to each one."
- "Draw a conclusion based on cogency in order to determine: Are these axioms correct, are they relevant, do they necessarily lead to this conclusion, and with what probability?"
- "Attempt to disprove the conclusion. Seek refutation from others to further help break your conclusion."
- "If nobody can invalidate your conclusion, then you're probably right, but you're not certainly right."