America's most and least popular governors
Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker tops out the most popular governors list with 71% approval, and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is losing the contest with 69% disapproval, according to Morning Consult's Governor Approval Rankings.
Think about it this way:
- The ten least popular governors have disapproval ratings worse than Trump's disapproval rating, which stands at 46%, per WSJ/NBC. Based on the Trump disapproval rating the ABC/WaPo poll found, at 58%, only three governors have disapproval ratings worse than Trump.
- All of the most popular governors are Republicans...
- ...And seven of the ten least popular governors are also Republicans.
10 most popular, measured by approval ratings:
- Charlie Baker, R-Massachusetts (71)
- Larry Hogan, R-Maryland (68)
- Matt Mead, R-Wyoming (67)
- Doug Burgum, R-North Dakota (66)
- Dennis Daugaard, R-South Dakota (65)
- Kay Ivey, R-Alabama (64)
- Brian Sandoval, R-Nevada (62)
- Phil Scott, R-Vermont (62)
- Gary Herbert, R-Utah (61)
- Bill Haslam, R-Tennessee (60) tied with Asa Hutchinson, R-Arkansas (60)
10 least popular, measured by disapproval ratings:
- Chris Christie, R-New Jersey (69)
- Sam Brownback, R-Kansas (66)
- Dan Malloy, D-Connecticut (64)
- Mary Fallin, R-Oklahoma (55)
- Rick Snyder, R-Michigan (52)
- Scott Walker, R-Wisconsin (51)
- Bruce Rauner, R-Illinois (49)
- Bill Walker, I-Alaska (48)
- Paul LePage, R-Maine (48)
- Gina Raimondo, D-Rhode Island (47)
The data are based on surveys taken between April 1 to July 10 this year by more than 195,000 registered voters.