10 questions on the Comey firing
Carolyn Kaster / AP
- What the hell is going on?
- Why the rush to get rid of Comey?
- What does Comey know that we don't?
- Who did Trump consult?
- Who was against it? (NYT: "Reince Priebus, the White House chief of staff, argued against it, delaying — but not overruling — the decision.")
- Did Comey really tell Trump three times that he's not under investigation?
- How much of this has to do with Hillary, and how much with Russia?
- What does Jared think?
- Why didn't Trump — or anyone — tell Comey personally?
- Will Comey do a book?
David Ignatius column in WashPost, "The Russia mystery deepens even further":
The Comey putsch heightens the mystery at the center of the Flynn case: Why Trump didn't react sooner to warnings about Flynn's involvement with Russia. Why didn't Trump listen to President Barack Obama's caution against hiring him? Why did Trump wait 18 days before removing his national security adviser after urgent advice that Flynn could be "blackmailed"?