L-R: Steve Bannon (Ross D. Franklin / AP), Michael Flynn (Andrew Harnik / AP), Reince Priebus (Andrew Harnik / AP), Sean Spicer (Evan Vucci / AP).

Reince Priebus, Steve Bannon, Sean Spicer, and Michael Flynn are just a few of the many people who have left the White House since President Trump took office in January, and Politico's Josh Dawsey and Matthew Nussbaum have a story today on where those ex-staffers are now.

Why it matters: This White House has seen incredible turnover — Anthony Scaramucci was there for only 10 days, for instance — and Axios' Mike Allen recognized in October "how many essential staff and officials want out — if not this quarter, then soon after the new year."

  • Reince Priebus is traveling around the world for speaking engagements, telling "the secrets of the Trump administration." He's returned to his Wisconsin law firm, is taking clients, staying involved with the RNC, and golfing.
  • Steve Bannon is dieting, and spending his days "in constant talks with political candidates, think tank types, journalists and others." He still speaks with Trump and has frequent speaking engagements, to which he travels on private planes only - "he said he never plans to fly commercial unless there is no other option" - and with a heavy security detail of ex-military officials.
  • Sean Spicer has hired a lawyer and has been interviewed by special counsel Robert Mueller's team. Otherwise, Spicer is "maintaining a lower profile," doing occasional speaking engagements and previously holding a lecture series at Harvard soon after his departure. On his first night out of the White House, he met former communications director Michael Dubke for a drink.
  • Michael Flynn is "holed up in his Alexandria home" as Mueller's investigation heats up, and "trying to find a way to pay his lawyers," per Politico. He hasn't been accused of anything specific, but White House aides are "bracing for an indictment."

Go deeper

Updated 41 mins ago - Politics & Policy

Tim Scott says Trump "misspoke" when he told Proud Boys to "stand by"

Photo: Bonnie Cash/Pool/AFP via Getty Images

Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) told reporters on Wednesday that he believes President Trump "misspoke" when he told the far-right "Proud Boys" group to "stand back and stand by" in response to a question about condemning white supremacy at the first presidential debate.

Catch up quick: Moderator Chris Wallace asked Trump on Tuesday, "Are you willing, tonight, to condemn white supremacists and militia groups and to say that they need to stand down?" Trump asked who specifically he should condemn, and then responded, "Proud Boys, stand back and stand by. But I'll tell you what, somebody's got to do something about antifa and the left."

Updated 49 mins ago - Politics & Policy

Commission on Presidential Debates wants changes

Photos: Jim Watson and Saul Loeb/AFP via Getty Images

The Commission on Presidential Debates announced Wednesday that it plans to implement changes to rules for the remaining debates, after Tuesday night's head-to-head between Joe Biden and Donald Trump was practically incoherent for most of the night.

What they are saying: "Last night's debate made clear that additional structure should be added to the format of the remaining debates to ensure a more orderly discussion of the issues," the CPD said in a statement.

Trump says he doesn't know who Proud Boys are after telling them to "stand by"

President Trump told reporters on Wednesday that he doesn't know who the Proud Boys are, after saying at the presidential debate last night that the far-right group should "stand back and stand by" in response to a question asking him to condemn white supremacists.

Why it matters: The comments set off outrage and calls for clarification from a number of Republican senators. After being asked several times on Wednesday whether he will condemn white supremacy, Trump responded, "I have always denounced any form — any form of any of that, you have to denounce. But I also — Joe Biden has to say something about antifa."