Axios Expands Local Coverage to Three New Cities
Axios Local newsletters launch in Boston, Phoenix and Salt Lake City
1 big thing: Axios Local is continuing to expand its coverage across the country. Daily morning newsletters will launch this month in Boston, Phoenix and Salt Lake City covering the top news in each city.
- Axios Phoenix and Axios Salt Lake City will launch on June 6.
- Axios Boston will launch on June 13.
Why it matters: Axios Local has garnered nearly one million subscribers across the current 18 cities. All Axios Local newsletters will continue to:
- Deliver original reporting, scoops and local coverage worthy of readers' time.
- Curate the best in local reporting.
- Maximize Axios’ proven Smart Brevity® style and newsletter format to make readers smarter, faster about the cities where they live.
Get to know the new Axios Local teams:
- Mike Deehan and Steph Solis will author the Axios Boston newsletter. Deehan was previously a State House reporter for GBH. Solis joins from the Boston Business Journal where she covered state government and immigration.
- Jessica Boehm and Jeremy Duda will write the Axios Phoenix newsletter. Boehm joins from The Arizona Republic where she covered city politics and housing. Duda wrote for the Arizona Capitol Times in Phoenix before helping start The Arizona Mirror, a non-profit newsroom.
- Erin Alberty and Kim Bojórquez will author the Axios Salt Lake City newsletter. Alberty has been a journalist in Utah for 15 years and won a Pulitzer Prize for covering sexual assault at Brigham Young University while at The Salt Lake Tribune. Bojórquez is a former state politics reporter at The Salt Lake Tribune where she covered transportation, LGBTQ policy and immigration.
Learn more and sign up for Axios Local here.
Axios is a digital media company delivering trustworthy breaking news and invaluable insights to help readers and viewers get smarter, faster across the topics reshaping our lives in politics, tech, business, media, science and the world. Axios was created around a simple proposition: deliver the cleanest, smartest, most efficient, and trust-worthy experience for readers and advertisers alike.