Get a taste of this famous Seattle bakery in San Diego
Piroshky Piroshky, a famous Seattle bakery, is delivering sweet and savory hand-crafted Eastern European pastries to San Diego this holiday season.
Driving the news: The iconic bakery in Pike Place Market is popping up next month on its anniversary tour of the U.S.
How it works: Pre-order online to pick up assorted hand-held pies and treats at their pop-up at Elks Lodge #168.
- Order a minimum of $50 of baked goods by Dec. 3 at 2pm.
- Pick up is Dec. 5 from 5-7pm at 430 Jackson Dr. in San Carlos.
Details: Best-selling menu items include: Beef & cheese piroshky, the chocolate cream hazelnut roll and smoked salmon pâté piroshky
- Most pastries cost $5.25 or $7.25.
What they're saying: Get the cinnamon cardamom braid.
- "This subtly sweet pastry is the standard by which I judge every other cardamom-laced baked good," Axios Seattle's Melissa Santos wrote.
- "Almost none measure up, and none can match the combination of not-too-sweet, not-too-spiced filling, crunchy hazelnuts and tender dough."
Of note: The bakery was featured on Anthony Bourdain's "No Reservations."
More San Diego stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios San Diego.