No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances Of Winning.
1. Eligibility: The Axios Pro Rata March Madness Extravaganza Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least eighteen (18) years old. Employees of Axios Media Inc. (“Sponsor”), as well as their immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees, are not eligible to enter.
2. Entry Period: The Contest begins at 6:00 am ET on March 16, 2021 and ends prior to the scheduled tip-off time of the first game in the first round of the tournament (currently scheduled for March 19, 2021), after which all selections must be finalized and may not be revised (the “Entry Period”). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the Contest, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. How to Enter: To enter the Contest, you must (i) be a registered member of the ESPN Tournament Challenge (the “Tournament Site”) and (ii) be a registered member of the league entitled “Axios Pro Rata” (the “League”) and (iii) create and submit an entry for the League on the Tournament Site. Once signed up to participate in the League on the Tournament Site, you must submit your selections in accordance with the rules of the Tournament Site to predict the outcome of all games in the 2021 Men’s NCAA Basketball Tournament (an “Entry”). There is a limit of one (1) entry per person/e-mail address. Additional entries will not be acknowledged. The use of an agency or any automated system to enter is strictly prohibited, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries received through such methods, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
5. Selection of Winners: Entrants will earn points for correctly guessing the outcome of each game in the 2021 Men’s NCAA Basketball Tournament, as explained in the Official Rules on the Tournament Site. At the end of the 2021 NCAA Basketball Tournament, entrants will be ranked by the Sponsor, according to accumulated point scores. The First Place winner will be the entrant who accumulates the greatest total number of points on the Tournament Site, from among all members of the League. For additional information on scoring, visit the Tournament Site to review scoring guidelines. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received and the performance of each entrant.
6. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: The potential First Place winner will be notified by email and will be required to provide mailing information within seven (7) days of the date of notice or attempted notice is sent to claim the price or forfeit the applicable prize. In the event that the potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to provide any requested information in the required time frame, forfeits the prize, or is disqualified for any reason, the Sponsor will select an alternative potential winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries for the applicable prize. Only one (1) alternative potential winner may be contacted. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release.
7. Prize(s): The potential First Place winner will be notified by email and will be required to provide mailing information within seven (7) days of the date of notice or attempted notice is sent to claim the price or forfeit the applicable prize. In the event that the potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to provide any requested information in the required time frame, forfeits the prize, or is disqualified for any reason, the Sponsor will select an alternative potential winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries for the applicable prize. Only one (1) alternative potential winner may be contacted. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release.
8. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, bug, worm, a change to any applicable terms of service, unauthorized human intervention or other technical problem, or in the event the Contest is unable to run as planned for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in their sole discretion, the Sponsor may, in their sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) terminate the Contest and, in the event of termination, award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserve the right to seek damages (including attorney’s fees) and any other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision, any rights or remedies available to the Sponsor, whether set forth in these Official Rules or elsewhere. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the owner. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
9. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless, collectively and individually, the Sponsor, advertising and promotion agencies, other companies associated with the Contest, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any Prize (including any travel or activity related thereto), including, but not limited to: (a) any technical errors associated with the Contest, including lost, interrupted or unavailable Internet Service Provider (ISP), network, server, wireless service provider, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, cellular tower or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (c) mechanical, network, electronic, computer, human, printing or typographical errors; (d) application downloads, (e) any other errors or problems in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, a changes to any applicable terms of service, errors that may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries, the announcement of the winner, or the incorrect downloading of the application; or (f) injury, death, losses or damages of any kind, to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrants’ participation in the Contest or acceptance, receipt or misuse of the prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the entrant be entitled to receive attorney’s fees. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
11. Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Arlington, Virginia. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
12. Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by Axios Media Inc.
13. Results: For the names of the winners of any prize over $25, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Axios Media Inc., 3100 Clarendon Boulevard, Suite 1300, Arlington VA 22201. Requests must be received by April 12, 2021.