Illustration: Lazaro Gamio / Axios
It's our first Thanksgiving here at Axios, a fine occasion in its own right to raise a glass and polish off a few plates of food. The big meal seemed like a good time to invite helping hands into the kitchen, so we asked a group of chefs and food writers for their favorite holiday tips.
The culinary experts:
- Alison Roman, food writer and recipe developer: A host's guide to staying sane
- Michelle Lopez, baker: Thanksgiving with a global twist
- David Lebovitz, cook and pastry chef: A secret sauce in seconds
- Bill Yosses, former White House pastry chef: A prep essential for every dish
- Aaron Silverman, chef and restaurateur: How the French do mashed potatoes