"Angela, my poll numbers keep going down." Photo: Julien Mattia/Barcroft Media via Getty Images
The big question: How do they stack up with voters at home?
- After a spat with Trump and his move to legalize marijuana, Canada's Justin Trudeau is trending upwards in the polls. He sits at 55%, per Ipsos.
- Japan's Shinzo Abe, whose approval had tanked over corruption allegations, has surged to 52% per Nikkei ahead of a leadership race in September.
- Merkel remains Germany's most popular politician, with a recent poll putting her popularity at 48%.
- France's Emmanuel Macron has a 40% approval rate, per Ifop, and has been damaged by claims he's "president of the rich." Perhaps Sunday's World Cup win will help.
- May is viewed favorably by just 25% of Brits, per YouGov. Fortunately for her, there are few popular alternatives.
Trump's approval sits at 43%, per the RCP polling average.